- Do you feel like your aches and pains are affecting your life?
- Are you not moving like you used to?
- Are you sick of being in pain?
- Do you waste time hoping it will get better?
- Do you wish you had a clear action plan to reduce your pain?
Manual therapy is a clinical approach based on skilled “hands-on” therapy to decrease pain and improve the mobility of joints, soft tissues and nerves. Manual therapy is also used to assess, diagnose and treat a variety of symptoms and conditions.
At Physio117 we pride ourselves on providing highly skilled manual therapy techniques including joint mobilisations/manipulations. Their aim is to increase joint mobility and a pain-free range of movement as well as a better circulation within the joint.
Joint mobilisations are skilled passive movements of varied intensities and amplitudes applied to a joint.
Joint manipulations are a passive movement with high velocity and low amplitude applied to a joint.
Benefits of Manual Therapy include:
- Modulate pain
- Increase joint mobility and range of motion
- Improve tissue repair
- Improving tissue stability and extensibility
- Reduce soft-tissue inflammation
- Reduce muscle tension
- Induce relaxation
- Facilitate movement and exercise therapy